10/2/08

The next few weeks

Over the next few weeks I'm going to be doing a "Dear Diary" series over some famous biblical characters. So often we think of biblical people as some type of supermen. It's almost as if they couldn't possibly be real. A little Shepard boy wins a war with a stone? or A peasant girl becomes queen and saves thousands of Jews? So often it's look over with a huge "Wow" factor, then quickly forgotten or rationalized out of the notation it would ever happen again. We think "God doesn't do stuff like that anymore", or "I'm just little old me, I don't even know anyone to make a difference on". We rule out God using us to lead a revolution in the 21st century. The truth is though, if we allow God to take control of our lives He can use us for great things. Join me as we step back into time and take a look at real people who allowed themselves to be used by God.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Looking forward to this series!!!

About Nancy said...

This sounds great! I look forward to your series.

I have an award for you on my blog.