10/21/08

R.I.P. Jacob


This past week we had a kid in our youth group passed away. Jacob Blair was on the roof of an abonded building with some friends Thursday night making a video for a class project. Jake went to go set up the camera, and the roof gave in. He fell around 25 feet hitting his head. He was pronounced dead upon arriving at the hospital.

This really hit our youth group hard. We have once again lost another member, but we are not totally morning. Jacob was a Christian, he had accepted Christ. We all take comfort in the fact that he is now in Heaven, rejoicing with God. This has also served as a reminder about just how short life it. We don't know when our life, or anyone else's for that matter, will end. For me, it has really reminded me on just how important it is to witness to others and be an example of Christ's love. After all, we never know when our time will be up.

Rest in Peace Jake. You had a BIG influence on a TON of people. I know you're in Heaven right now rejoicing with God, but we still miss you. I can't wait for the day when I will get to see you, once again, face to face.

9 comments:

Nicole said...

So sorry to hear about your loss!!!

Tracy said...

So sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Praying for you and your youth group. The first year my hubby and I worked in the youth group, we lost a 16 year old. I distinctly remember the profound impact it had on everyone. What a comfort amidst your sorrow to know that Jacob is now with Jesus.

Blessings,
Tracy

Nicole said...

Thinking of you. How's everything going in general and specifically related to this recent death?

Love,
Nicole

About Nancy said...

It seems every where I turn I am hearing about Jake. On the news, at the hair salon, from a senior wanting to do a photo shoot but had to cancel to go to his funeral, and now your blog. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. What a comfort to know he is with Christ.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I read your blog sometimes and I just want you to know that you are in my prayers and on my prayer wall. God bless!

Nicole said...

How are you? I miss you!

Nicole said...

Still thinking of you my friend!

Be blessed!
Love,
Nicole

Nicole said...

Happy Thanksgiving friend! I am thankful for you and our friendship! Your life in Christ spurs me on!

Love,
Nicole

Nicole said...

Thinking of you today! Merry Christmas!