1/13/09

More satisfying than a glass of limeade on a hot summer day

Americans in general are not satisfied. We spend $1.20 for every $1 we make, and we have an average of $12,000 in credit card debt alone. Our nation has adapted the "I can't get no satisfaction" mentality. Don't believe me? Turn on the T.V. and watch 1 set of commercials. What will you see, almost every ad telling you that you MUST have this or you MUST buy this. It's always telling us to get more. Bill Gates was once asked the thing a millionaire wants most. His reply was "another million". As Christians, we should not be constantly wanting more. We shouldn't be constantly searching for satisfaction, we shouldn't have to. We can find our satisfaction in Christ. Whether we have a lot of money or a little, or are the best at what we do or the worse, it doesn't matter. Christ is all we need. Paul says "Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need." (Phil. 4:11-12). His secret, Christ. Today, take some time and thank God for all He's given you, and try to be satisfied with everything He has given you, both big and small.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is very true. We alway want something more than what we already have. When we should be happy with what we have.