1/1/08

Beautiful One

I never had really realized how Beautiful God was until this weekend at winder freeze. I've always liked the song "Beautiful One", but I never really contemplated the meaning of it, or how powerful the lyrics are.
BEAUTIFUL ONE
Wonderful so wonderful is your unfailing love
Your cross is spoken mercy over me
No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart can fully know
How glorious, how beautiful you are
Chorus:
Beautiful one I love Beautiful one I adore
Beautiful one my soul must sing
Powerful so powerful your glory fills the skies
Your mighty works displayed for all to see
The beauty of your majesty awakes my heart to sing
How marvelous, how wonderful you are
Chorus(x2)
You opened my eyes to your wonders anew
You captured my heart with this love Jesus
You opened my eyes to your wonders anew
You captured my heart with this love
‘Cause nothing on earth is as beautiful as you
Chorus(x3)
My soul, My soul must sing (x3)
Beautiful one x2
How true are those lyrics? I think the phrase that struck me the most was "Cause nothing on earth is as beautiful as you". To fathom that, that nothing on earth comes even close to how beautiful God is. He is so beautiful we cannot look upon him directly. The implication that nothing on earth is a beautiful as Him, he is more beautiful than a breath-taking sunset in Hawaii, the beach in Cancun, or the sunrise on the mountains. If you close your eyes, and think of the most beautiful thing you have ever seen, then multiply that by a million, you only get a small glimpse of how Beautiful. I hope you take time today to thank God for his beauty, and delight in it as well!

No comments: