1/21/08

See You Later

Tonight I had to say good-bye to Emily. She leaves for El Salvador in a few hours (well more like 8, but they have to leave for the airport in 4 and an half). It's hard having such a good friend being so many miles apart!
We were talking today after service what one the thing you are nervous about. Her reply, the plane will crash or something and she will die or be stranded on an island. As we embraced for the last time (at least till she come back) it kinda made me wonder what if this is the last time I get to see her? As I rode home I began to think about the sermon (which was over Christ's return), and time is running out. It is estimated that every second 1.72 people die and go to hell. That's 103 people per minute!!! The last command Christ gave on this earth was to tell everyone about Him. These past 6 months, God had really shown me just how important that is. The kid at our school who died wasn't a Christian. What if someone would have taken the time to share Christ's love with Him. What if? As I go through High School I don't want my mind to be filled with regrets and What ifs? I want to serve Christ in all I do. I want to be a light in the dark hallways. My prayer for you and myself is that you will shine and show Christ love to all you meet. After all, you never know if that's the last time you'll see them.

No comments: