5/12/08

So.....now what?

So you're a Christian huh? First, I'd like to personally welcome you into the family! But I'm sure you're wondering, now what? Where do I go from here. Or maybe you've been a Christian for a long time and still don't know what to do. I would encourage you to read Matthew 10:5-11:1. It gives instructions for God's disciples and what they should do. There are a few things that really stuck out to me. I am going to highlight one of them today. In verse seventeen it says "But beware of men, for they will hand you over to the courts and scourge you in their synagogues, and you will even be brought before governors and kings for My sake." I have read the stories of many martyrs who have been brought before kings, and the courts (there are even some examples in the bible too!). However, for many of us, we will never have to be brought before a king or the President for the Crime of following God. However, it might be a principal, a teacher, or maybe even your boss.
I have gotten the experience of standing before the Principal (a few times actually) about the Christian club at school. Let me tell you, I was pretty terrified at the time. I couldn't imagine what I had done when I was called out of class, my mind was racing, palms began to sweat, and I didn't know what to say. But that's okay because I didn't have to know what to say. A peace came over me as I prayed for guidance and wisdom from the Lord. In verse 19 and 20 Christ says, "But when they hand you over, do not worry about how or what you are to say, for it will be given you in the hour what you are to say. For it is not you who speak, but it is the Spirit of your Father who speaks in you." How awesome is that? God will give us the words to say! The next time you find yourself being called before your boss, your teacher, or maybe even the principal, remember you are not going alone. God will give you the words to say.

No comments: