4/28/08

Day of Truth

Today was the day of Truth. The Day of Truth is about talking with people about homosexuality and sharing the Truth of Christ with them in love. To say the least, it's been very interesting. Some, as expected, hated it, and hated us for doing it. However, there were some that were glad, and excited about it. Today I want to talk about opposition.

When you do something for Christ, you will face opposition. It's just a fact. 2 Timothy 3:12 says, "Anyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. Take today for example, the hate filled words still echo in my head, "How could you do that, my best friend is gay", "Don't ever do something like this again", "Your just being judgemental", "Stop preaching Jesus Freak". Now, I used to be completely discouraged and brought down my comments like these, but not anymore. I was talking to my dad about it a few years ago on the Day of Truth, and he said 6 words. "Your are known by your enemies". I began to think about that, and my thoughts on being made fun of for being a Christian and standing for truth changed. You see, if you are being made fun of, then people are taking a notice, and that's a good thing. So, next time you're teased or made fun of, I encourage you to remember, You are known my your enemies.

No comments: